Bengaluru, the silicon valley of India… here is where software revolution was seeded that later grew to a mammoth. Bengaluru is characterised by pleasant weather for most of the year, advancements in Information Technology and its a home to many renowned educational and research institutions in India, such as Indian Institute of Science, Indian Institute of Management, National Institution of Design (R&D Campus), Bharat Electronics, Hindustan Aeronautics, National Aerospace Laboratories among others.
As a Design agency in Bengaluru, we are proud of the city’s weather, the south Indian food options, the umpteen breweries, the city’s vibrant people and of course, the tech startup scene.
Few facts about Bengaluru:
- With 212 software companies, 21 engineering colleges among which is the Bangalore university that has a whopping 57 engineering colleges affiliated to it, and the highest number of software professionals in the world; you can see why the city is called the Silicon Valley of India.
- At the height of over 3,000 feet (914.4 m) above sea level, Bengaluru is situated even above Dehradun (630 m). No wonder the city enjoys pleasant climate throughout the year.
- Bengaluru contributes more than 30% of India’s IT exports. Few of India’s largest IT companies are headquartered in Bengaluru. Bengaluru is the base for nearly 47% of the 265 biotechnology companies in India. So, it is not only about IT companies.
- Since being founded in the 2nd century, Bangalore has maintained the drainage & sanitary systems infrastructure that was fitted then...making it the oldest drainage infrastructure in the world.
- 40% of Bangalore's landscape is gardens/parks and 15% lakes/ponds. It also has one of the highest per capita incomes in India, making it second only second to the capital New Delhi in terms of suitability to live.