New Delhi, the capital of the largest democracy in the world, India and home to a 19 million people. A place where you’d find a healthy blend of Islamic, Hindu and British Architecture, a city with great street food options, the city with one of the busiest Airports in this world … and much more!
We love the amalgamation of different cultures, the vibes the city gives and the absolutely beautiful people around. A truly global city, Delhi is host to several international organizations, business entities and sports events. We love Delhi Metro and the fact that its public transport runs on greener fuel, Compressed Natural Gas (and this was implemented more than a decade ago!). And yes, if you are here do pay visit to Asia’s largest spice market in Karol Bagh.
As a Design agency in new Delhi, we love the culture, the people and our proximity to the policy makers. By the way, Think Design was founded in this very city in 2004!
Few facts about Delhi:
- New Delhi is the capital city of the Republic of India. It hosts the government’s legislature, executive and judiciary arms of the government. It also happens to be the seat of authority for the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- New Delhi's Khari Baoli Market is Asia's largest wholesale spice market. It also might be the largest in the world. If you love spiced food, then this market is a must visit.
- New Delhi itself was not established until 1912 when the British moved India's capital city from Calcutta (now called Kolkata) to Delhi in December 1911.
- After Nairobi in Kenya, The Delhi ridge makes it the World's Second most bird-rich Capital city.
- The wholesale market at Azadpur is Asia's largest fruit and vegetable market. Nearly 3,000 trucks bring in fruits and vegetables here daily for over 30,000 retail vendors.
- Qutub Minar in New Delhi is the world's tallest brick minaret.