The current portal was challenged with insufficient user engagement and necessitated a UI that generates interest, integrates navigation which is seamless and information gets presented in a way which allows users to make decisions and prioritize their data.
Zafin’s leadership envisioned to create an intuitive and data-driven dashboard which helps users to make informed decisions for financial institutions in Canada and the United States. The need for the revamp required the product to become dynamic, provide actionable insights through drill-downs and allow access to data in a quick and intuitive manner.
As a standard practice, Think Design team evaluates the project requirements first and suggests to adapt the User-Centered Design (UCD) approach as per context. As initial steps into this project, Think Design formed a visioning team with its moderator, participants from the client’s team to work together in defining the UX Vision and Strategy.
Following key steps were taken as we collaborated to build a comprehensive application:
- UX vision and strategy Workshop was carried out to establish the product vision, get a clear understanding of the existing product, its scope, opportunities, limitations and the reason to revamp. Customer success is one of our primary focus, we do that by walking in their shoes through empathy mapping.
- We reviewed and understood parallel products and captured the project’s vision and insights through workshops. We evaluated & researched other similar products in the local and international markets to compare and bring value to the table.
- Our team identified key user concerns, pain points, and their goals through inputs from stakeholders. We identified key user flows through persona and scenario mapping, thus designing the User Experience through User-Centric Design Process.
- Insights from persona mapping of Line of Business Head, Relationship Manager, data analysts helped to create relevant user journeys for each category of the user.
Insights gathered from above helped us to determine the key communication ideas and requirements for the product. Trendspotting was done to observe widely accepted trends which if embedded to make the platform mark higher and stand above the competition.
- Site analysis helped us to point out areas of improvement in the information architecture required and suggestions were shared with respect to navigation, filters, information grouping making way to Establishing a robust Information Architecture that allows intuitive access to content, a future proof framework was brought into reality.
- New value propositions like a comparison feature, quick drill-downs and widget approach to dashboards were suggested, along with different concepts and their comparisons listing down the pro and cons for each approach.
- We developed wireframes for key screens and extended the key wireframes to workflow based storyboard. This led us to coming up with a fluidic framework and navigation for one standard resolution. We agreed that experience should be built based on the best on best practices of User Experience Design(Credibility, Device, Environment, Identity, Persuasion & ContentLayout) and this together led us to decide on the visual design direction.
1. Improved reporting
Built a self-service portal thereby obviating the need to blast canned reports at regular intervals, giving an overview of the stats related to banking.
2. Effective graphical representation for better understanding
Helped users to understand numbers visually and in a nested hierarchy through contextual information and drill-downs, Importance to Information Hierarchy than visuals.
3. Relevant data enabling better decisions
Users can now make key decisions based on the availability of day to day data which has been made actionable. They could now compare revenues for multiple regions, know revenue leakage for a product or region and make sure that profit targets are met.
Consulting, Stakeholder Workshop, Audit of existing dashboards, Wireframing, Visual System, Front End Development.
Revamped data product portal of Zafin was launched early 2018.